So sorry we have been m.i.a and havent had a chance to blog but this weekend was crazyyy! Gretch had a kickball tournament for breast cancer on saturday and I (Caitlin) had PSACS! Then Sunday we had Special Olympics but dont worry we still made time to eat this weekend!
Sooo.. on Friday Gretch made some awesome Greek pizza! She sent me a picture on my way to PSACS and I was drooling in the van. It legit made me want to go to Greece hah
whole wheat pitas
1 cup of reduced- fat ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp galric powder (we add a little minced garlic as well for a kick!)
1 package of chopped spinach (1o oz) make sure it’s thawed and the extra water is drained
3 medium sized tomatoes
3/4 cup of feta
3/4 tsp of dried basil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together the ricotta, garlic powder and minced garlic (this is your sauce!)
3. Spread onto the the pita
4. Place the spinach on the pita
5. Cut the tomato and place slices on top
6. Sprinkle feta! ( we put more than necessary; but hey we love it)
7. Bake in over for 10-12 minutes (slightly brown)
**YOU’RE DONE! so easy and so good
Try it out! Let us know how it goes
Tonight actually, our roommate Becky (Beck-a-boodle) made us chicken tacos! This will be the one time this year she cooks for us and we LOVE her dearly!! It was nice to not have to cook for one night because I had to train my client tonight til 8 and boy was I hungry. We’ll post that recipe tomorrow with our…dun dun dunnnnn
S’MORE CHEESECAKE BARS!!! ballin’!! check back tomorrow for the recipe!
C & G
This morning will go down in history; we basically couldn’t sleep because we knew what awaited for us in the fridge. This choco pb nanner oatmeal concoction was bowl-lickin’ good and yeah we’ll admit it…we licked the bowl. So here’s this ballin’ recipe! Try it out; let us know what you think =)
Quick Oats (1 1/2 cup)
Unsweetened Almond Milk (1 1/2 cup)
Water (1 1/2 cup)
All- Natural Smuckers Peanut butter (2 tbsp)
Specialty Dark Hershey’s Cocoa Powder ( 1 3/4 tsp)
Stevia (3 packets this time because cocoa powder is really bitter)
1 medium sized banana
**Remember this recipe is for two people but hey fruit never made anyone fat so add the whole nanner!
1. Mix in your Quick oats with your ALmond milk and water on medium heat in a medium saucepan.
2. Continuously stir!
3. Add in your cocoa, peanut butter and Stevia
4. Cut up your banana and mush it into the oatmeal
5. Cook until oats are soft; let cool
Don’t forget about our secret trick to make those oats plump! Place them in the fridge overnight with a dash of Almond milk and you’ll be in for a surprise!
Well, I better post about our dinner as Caitlin yells at me, ” We’re never going to get any blogging done if you’re eating all the time!”
….this is so true.
Making dinner tonight was kind of exciting! We actually paid attention to plating; weird. It was delicious. We made our salmon burgers and spread garlic hummus on top with cucumbers and feta. ( we basically put feta on everything possible). Also we made sweet potato fries; such a good alternative to regular fries and they’re so easy to make!
Here’s our recipe for sweet potato fries:
1.Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut up 2 medium sized sweet potatoes into strips
3. Toss strips in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
4. Sprinkle on some pepper and garlic salt to taste ( we like garlic; sorry Jay! I’ll make sure Caitlin brushes =)
5. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and back for 12-14 minutes or until soft (keep an eye on them and rotate them)
Then voila! Awesome sweet tater fries