This morning will go down in history; we basically couldn’t sleep because we knew what awaited for us in the fridge. This choco pb nanner oatmeal concoction was bowl-lickin’ good and yeah we’ll admit it…we licked the bowl. So here’s this ballin’ recipe! Try it out; let us know what you think =)
Quick Oats (1 1/2 cup)
Unsweetened Almond Milk (1 1/2 cup)
Water (1 1/2 cup)
All- Natural Smuckers Peanut butter (2 tbsp)
Specialty Dark Hershey’s Cocoa Powder ( 1 3/4 tsp)
Stevia (3 packets this time because cocoa powder is really bitter)
1 medium sized banana
**Remember this recipe is for two people but hey fruit never made anyone fat so add the whole nanner!
1. Mix in your Quick oats with your ALmond milk and water on medium heat in a medium saucepan.
2. Continuously stir!
3. Add in your cocoa, peanut butter and Stevia
4. Cut up your banana and mush it into the oatmeal
5. Cook until oats are soft; let cool
Don’t forget about our secret trick to make those oats plump! Place them in the fridge overnight with a dash of Almond milk and you’ll be in for a surprise!
It’s cross country season and boy do we need fuel in the tank! We love our oatmeal but it gets BORING; you all know it’s true. We like to spice it up..pumpkin spice that is. I (Gretch) was eating this today in the gym and everyone kept asking, “What are you eating?”…”It’s orange!” Well duhhhh…it’s PUMPKIN!
Here is the soon to be famous pumpkin oatmeal!
(side note: We usually cook for 2 so our recipes are doubled!)
Quick Oats ( 1 1/2 cup)
Unsweetened Almond Milk ( 1 1/2 cup) but totally test it out; if you like it more dry..don’t add as much
Water (1 1/2 cup) same thing with the almond milk
Pumpkin puree (out of the can) (1/2 cup)
Pumpkin spice (1 tsp)
Cinnamon (1 tsp)
2 packets of Stevia ( all-natural, 0 calorie sweetener; from a plant. It’s at your local grocery store called Truvia)
1. Mix in your dry oats with your water and almond milk on medium heat; in a medium saucepan.
2. Continuously stir so they don’t stick! ( it’s a mess to clean).
3. Add in you pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and Stevia.
4. Cook until oats are soft; let cool
Then you got a great breakfast…or lunch..or snack in our apartment!
Also, we cook ours at night then place it in the fridge with a little extra almond milk. Then in the morning those oats will be so fluffy and fill the bowl without any extra oats! ( we spread peanut butter on top! It’s awesome.)
Enjoy the recipe! More pumpkin to come!
Tomorrow’s Breakfast Experiment: Chocolate Peanut- Butter Banana Oatmeal (if it works; you know we’ll post it!)
C & G
Well, I better post about our dinner as Caitlin yells at me, ” We’re never going to get any blogging done if you’re eating all the time!”
….this is so true.
Making dinner tonight was kind of exciting! We actually paid attention to plating; weird. It was delicious. We made our salmon burgers and spread garlic hummus on top with cucumbers and feta. ( we basically put feta on everything possible). Also we made sweet potato fries; such a good alternative to regular fries and they’re so easy to make!
Here’s our recipe for sweet potato fries:
1.Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut up 2 medium sized sweet potatoes into strips
3. Toss strips in a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
4. Sprinkle on some pepper and garlic salt to taste ( we like garlic; sorry Jay! I’ll make sure Caitlin brushes =)
5. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and back for 12-14 minutes or until soft (keep an eye on them and rotate them)
Then voila! Awesome sweet tater fries
So we just decided last night (as we were baking) that we should definitely post our ideas. We love cooking and baking healthy things but hey healthy doesn’t mean you have to be boring and have no flavor! We are active chicks who love to eat.
A little about ourselves:
Hi, I’m Gretch!
I’m a senior exercise science major and a collegiate runner. I’m pretty much on the go all the time and basically starving!Between running, class, work and personal training my client; I’m never home but to eat so we like to have a great time in the kitchen (our other roommates hate us for it; just kidding =). I love peanut butter, zebra print and long runs with my roombug! We’ve been 4 year teammates but roomates the past 3 months and well it’s awesome! Caitlin and I are also totally opposites…let’s count the ways:
1. I live the single life ( like a champ); she’s been with her boyfriend for 6 years
2. I like to run marathons; she likes to run the 800 m (she’s really fast)
3. I have an addiction to hoodies; she judges me for it
4. I LOVE doing the dishes; she likes to dry them
5. I eat peanut butter straight from the jar…wait! we both do that
6. I hate water, she loves water.
So ya we’re different but when our food ideas come together; well they rock!! and are nutritious and of course delicious!
Like we always say at the starting line: rockHARD;eatHARDER
Hey, I’m Caitlin!!
I am a senior elementary education/special education major and also a collegiate runner. I love to eat, play, and run. I like all things peanut butter. I enjoy everything related to food, fitness, and fun. 🙂 Basically everything she said so follow us on our bumpy ride through our senior year as we eat, run, and have fun!