We totally forgot about what we had for dinner tonight! But first we wanted to share a few snapshots of some of the things we have been using in our oatmeal. We have had a lot of people ask us what Stevia is so here ya go..
You can find this in pretty much every grocery store.. Giant Eagle, Wal-Mart, etc. Like we said before this is an all natural zero calorie sweetener made from a plant! Crazy huh?
And because we are so obsessed with peanut butter of course we would go with the healthiest option and that is Smuckers All Natural Peanut Butter. We love this peanut butter because the only ingredients are peanuts and less than 1% of salt.
Its almost race day so we had to have some carbs! Tonight for dinner we made roasted garlic chicken sausage over whole wheat pasta in a extra virgin olive oil garlic sauce.
2 cups of whole wheat pasta
2 roasted garlic chicken sausages (we found these at Sam’s club, they are so good!)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp minced garlic (we just buy the jars of minced garlic. It is quick, cheap, and easy.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil water in a medium sized sauce pan
2. While your waiting for your water to boil cook your chicken sausages (or any source of protein for that matter) on medium heat in a frying pan until cooked all the way through
2. Put your pasta into your boiling water
3. In a separate frying pan add your oil and garlic and simmer on medium low heat until you can start to smell the garlic
4. Strain your pasta and mix with the oil and garlic in the frying pan until evenly coated.
5. Slice your chicken sausages and toss on top of pasta
There you have it!
If you haven’t noticed we are obsessed with oatmeal so tonight we are trying out yet another recipe for oatmeal! Stay tuned.. 🙂